Monday 25 October 2010

Ladybird Books

Sometimes I think there should be a 12 step program for people like me who love books and are keen to pass on that love of books to our children.  We have books everywhere round the house, the boys have a bookcase in the conservatory, one each in their rooms and one on the landing too.


So when I was asked to be a Gurgle Girl and offered some lovely  ladybird books, I did a great big jump and said yes please.

Ladybird books have come on a lot since I was younger, but saying that I still love them and do collect the old ones from charity shops when ever I see them and I have some from my childhood too.

Reading Topsy and Tim - A real blast from the past

We were sent a selection of age appropriate self readers and also Topsy and Tim go to school sticker book and Topsy and Tim go green.  Mini adored the Topsy and Tim books, they were a great big hit and I would recommend them to anyone.

In fact we loved all the Ladybird books, I especially liked the Read it Yourself range which has traditional titles like The Gingerbread Man and Jack and the Beanstalk and Maxi read all of them with ease.  Mini loved listening to the story's and also read some of the level 1 book himself, but as they are well know story, he could pick up any of the books and tell us the story from looking at the images.

Ladybird books have moved with the times and have bright and bold illustrations and a great weight to them, but they are traditional enough to really appeal to parents and grandparents buying them and reading them with their children.  

I liked the fact that the Read it yourself books all had a page of questions about the story, so you can tests your child comprehension of the story.

A real great addition to any child bookcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment