Tuesday 14 September 2010

TopThat Publishing

I love books, let me say that again for effect, I love books.  I adore the smell, feel and joy you get from books and I am hoping to instill that in both the boys.

I am lucky that both the both the boys adore visits to the library and having books read to them, but even better they are both really starting to enjoy the ability to read themselves too.

So when Top That! publishing got in touch asking if the boys would like a couple of books I jumped at the chance.

We received Magnetic Mission to Space (£6.99) and Learn with Neddy Teddy and His Phonic Friends. (£5.39)

The first thing I notices is how wonderful and firm the books feel, which really does make a difference where children are concerned, They are well made and are bright and colourful too.

Magnetic mission to the stars really captivated Maxi, he loved naming the planets (even though the names are not in the book), whilst Mini had loads of fun turning the rocket through the pages. 

This book has been picked up again and again since we received it.  A wonderful boy to received and give.

Neddy Teddy and His Phonic fiends is a great book for any child starting to learn phonetically, but it is a little easy for my boys and didn't hold there attention once they had read it once. But saying that it is a wonderful concept for a book with spiny wheels which reveal words and images which link to the phonic sound and then a poem which uses all those words that the child has revealed.

It supports UK national literacy standards and contains all Reception age high frequency words and also includes year 1 and 2 key words too.

Would we buy from Top That! Publishing? - yes I would, they are lovely books, something to really treasure and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment