Sunday 11 July 2010

Chocolate Weetabix - Review

We were sent a pre-release box of new chocolate Weetabix (which will be available in Sainsburys from 12 July) this week.

Now I don't know about your children, but my two are chalk and cheese when it comes to breakfasts (even though they were weaned the same).  Maxi is a porridge every morning without fail chap, but Mini, well he is a whole other story.  He just isn't in to eating first thing in the morning and we often resort to anything to get him to eat, including boiled eggs, pastries and chocolate cereals.
Well I was pleased to find out that Chocolate Weetabix has all the goodness of wholegrain in normal Weetabix, but contains half the sugar of the average chocolate flavoured breakfast cereal (yes I did check all the boxes we have in the cupboard, I have tried all sorts to get Mini to eat on a morning).

So did he eat it?   The answer is yes he did 2 out of 3 mornings, but then that is an achievement for us.  Maxi wasn't keen, he did try it, but couldn't eat it and asked for a bowl of his normal porridge (but he doesn't like standard Weetabix either).

Will I be buying it?  Yes, I will do anything to get Mini to eat breakfast as I know and understand the benefits of a heathly breakfast and this is  a great healthier alternative to other "chocolate" cereals on the market.

This is a review post



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment